* – anybody ready for another J. K. Rowling book?
* – how about another slice of American Pie?
* – how about a remake of Footloose?
* – a remake of Red Dawn?
(my god, what in the hell is happening to Hollywood?!)
* – if you’re looking to save money on all of these retreads, go here.
* – if all these retreads are driving you to drink, try this beer.
* – you’ll probably need one of those beers to wash down this latest offering from KFC.
* – I know I said this last week, but it bears repeating – “Ah, the 80s!”
* – I can run with VH1 on only a couple of these (#2 – definitely. #8 – I like it, but Top 25? I bet it would surprise you that I like #13. #18 was my brother-in-law’s song to my sister at their wedding. #22 – right band, wrong song. Should be “Faithfully.” Same idea with #23 – the song should be “The Power of Love.” I’m not a big fan of Whitney Houston, but her version of #24 is just amazing)
* – you know, I didn’t think I could have any less respect for Whoopi Goldberg after her whole “I don’t think it was rape rape” thing.
Then she had to go and say this.
* – I’m sure the technology is impressive, but they better have it down 100% before they put a blind person behind the wheel.
* – speaking of driving, here comes the $3 – $4/gallon gas again.
* – hey, Mohammed al-Modadi, joking about wearing bomb shoes on a flight to the US isn’t funny.
Especially when the purpose of your journey is to visit a member of al-Qaida.
* – the more I hear from this guy, the more I like him.
* – glad to see our public education system and colleges and universities are doing such a bang-up job of teaching our children about the founding of our country and how its government works.
(that was sarcasm, in case I was being too subtle)
* – going back to Governor Christie, I thought only angry, hateful, bigoted, racist, homophobic members of the far Right wished for the death of people from the other side of the political aisle.
* – how Obama’s polling numbers look, state by state.
* – renaming the War on Terror to the “overseas contingency operation” was bad enough. Then we had to start calling terrorists “illegal combatants.” Now we’re going to censor the words “Islamic radicalism” out of our national security documents?!
Fucking shoot me.
* – being a black conservative is a tough gig.
* – I’m pretty sure I’ve said this before, but if the Fed really wants to raise money, how about instead of taxing the rich and big business, you make sure the half that isn’t paying starts paying.
* – so, how’s Michael Steele been doing since last week?
Well, first he has to pull the race card and deflect any and all blame from himself.
Needless to say, that didn’t endear him to the party he’s supposed to be raising money for.
Heaven forbid he accept responsibility for his own actions.
Then he’s asked not to attend an Al Sharpton event.
And, of course, he’s had a number of big donors resign.
Way to go, Mike. When are you going to pull an Arlen Specter and go work for the other side? You’d do the GOP more good that way.