* – for the first time in ages I went bowling. The other night Cookiemaker, Little Man, and I went to a local alley and gave the big ball variety a whirl. It cost a bit more than I expected (around $30 for three pairs of shoes and a string of bowling for each of us), but Little Man was excited as hell and had a great time, so it was worth it.
How’d I do? Well, I bowled a 107. I did throw one gutter ball. My lowest frame was a 5, and I did have four spares. No strikes, though. 😦 Not bad for the first time in years.
* – according to this week’s Entertainment Weekly, this was the #1 movie in America this time 20 years ago.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen…
* – ok, now I just might start watching Dancing With the Stars. 😉
* – lingerie for KIDS?! Are you fucking kidding me?!
* – did you catch the Harry Potter Universal Orlando ad during the Super Bowl?
* – as long as we’re talking about Super Bowl ads – come on, pro-choice crowd, was the Tim Tebow ad really that bad?
* – on the other hand, at the rate we’re going, that “Green Police” ad might become reality sooner rather than later.
* – I really don’t have anything snarky to say about the Megan Fox ad. I posted it because… well… because it’s Megan Fox! 🙂
* – speaking of the Super Bowl, congrats to the Saints. After everything that city’s been through, they deserve some unbridled joy.
Unreal, huh? We actually know, pretty much for sure, the color patterns of a couple of dinosaurs!
* – why couldn’t I have been this talented when I was 13?
(hell, why couldn’t I be that talented now?)
* – cell phones are gender specific?
* – exactly how the fuck is sex-change surgery tax-deductible? Huh?! It’s one thing if a surgery is necessary. It’s quite another if it’s elective, and I’m sorry, but in my book a sex-change is elective.
* – for those of you who can’t possibly understand why I’d like Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Lou Dobbs, Jerry Doyle, and the like, believe me, I feel the same way about Keith Olbermann.
And here’s a good example why.
* – sheesh, if it’s not Joe Biden or Obama himself, it’s some member of Obama’s cabinet sticking his foot in his mouth.
* – although, as referenced above, it’s not as if Obama can’t do a perfectly fine job of sticking his foot in his mouth himself.
Did you catch that bit of hypocrisy? “When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash on Vegas when you’re trying to save for college. You prioritize. You make tough choices. It’s time your government did the same.”
That from a man who just proposed a $3.83 trillion budget?! From a man who repeatedly insists the only way out of this recession is to spend our way out of it?!
What a fucking joke…
* – and what of The One’s proposed plans to reign in government spending? Well, while I’m certainly willing to admit that every little bit helps, let’s take a look at what his proposed spending freezes are really going to accomplish.
* – so, if Nancy Pelosi was so concerned about jobs creation then, why hasn’t she been for the past year or so?
* – bet you never heard this stuff about the response to Katrina.
* – a friend of mine just sent me this e-mail: “What organization is this – 36 have been accused of spousal abuse, 7 have been arrested for fraud, 19 have been accused of writing bad checks, 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least two businesses, 3 have done time for assault, 71 – repeat, 71 – cannot get a credit card due to bad credit, 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges, 8 have been arrested for shoplifting, 21 currently are defendants in lawsuits, and 84 have been arrested for drunk driving, all in the last year!
Nope. The 535 members of your current Congress – the same group of idiots who write and pass laws designed to keep you and I in line!”