1. What do you like now that you couldn’t stand as a kid? Have your tastes in anything changed significantly in the last ten or so years?
I don’t think there’s anything I love now that I hated when I was a kid. There’s stuff I’ll tolerate now that I wouldn’t have when I was a kid. I was a ridiculously picky eater when I was a kid. Now I’ll even eat lima beans (though I do draw the line at squash and sweet potatoes)!
2. If you could never have to do any one thing ever again (shave, pay highway tolls, change the toilet paper roll, that sort of thing), what would you strike from your life forever?
Pay bills? Be in debt? OK, realistically? Settle my son down in the middle of the night. I love Little Man to death, don’t get me wrong, but I cannot wait until he’s potty trained and sleeps through the night every single night!
3. If you were granted a superpower of your choosing, what would you want and why?
That’s easy – invisibility! Why? Because Ihave latent criminal and voyeuristic tendencies. 🙂 Seriously. My favorite literary and cinema characters are thieves, criminals, or unconventional warfare types (Aragorn from Lord of the Rings, Silk from the Belgardiad and Malloreon series, Garet Jax from The Wishsong of Shannara, Richard Marcinko from the Rogue Warrior series, etc…). Whenever I play Dungeons & Dragons or something like that my characters are always thieves, rogues, rangers, etc…
Hmmm. What does that say about me?
4. What’s one thing that you’re ashamed to admit that you really like?
There’s a number of things I like that others laugh at, but I wouldn’t say I’m ashamed of them. The NFL Draft. Role-playing games. Eighties hair metal. Miami Vice (the tv show, not the movie). Hot Pockets. Should I go on?
5. If you could sum up your life philosophy in a tag line (or a bumper sticker, or a movie scene or a comedy sketch) what would it be?
So, those are my answers to Chili’s interview questions. Would you like to play? Here’s how:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions; you won’t be answering the same questions I answered here.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Get it? Got it? GOOD!